CHARTER AND GUARANTEES
A REGULATED PROFESSION
Probate genealogy is governed by Article 36 of the French law of 23 June 2006 reforming inheritance and gifts.
Therefore, the Office, its Associates and its employees:
- Comply with the Code of Professional Ethics of 7 June 2013 (Access the Code of Professional Ethics)
- Comply with the partnership convention with the High Council of French Notariat of 19 May 2015 which defines the terms of cooperation between the two professions and their respective obligations (Access the partnership convention).
- Are holders of a professional licence and of specific authorisations issued jointly by the Interministerial Service of the Archives of France and the French Public Prosecutors to consult and obtain copies of the civil status of people under 75.
- Have a Data Protection Officer who guarantees compliance of electronic data processing with requirements of the French data protection act of 6 January 1978.
- Are covered by third-party liability insurance and a financial guarantee taken out with Covea Risks and Covea Caution under policy numbers 120 133 160 and 120 133 160.
- Lastly, the Office and its subsidiaries earned ISO 9001 certification on 17 December 2008.
ETHICS AT THE HEART OF ADD ■ ASSOCIÉS’ PROFESSION
Since the Office was founded, ADD ■ Associés has greatly contributed to the regulation and governance of the profession.
Antoine Djikpa, Associate, has thus been elected President of Généalogistes de France. ADD ■ Associés largely contributes to making probate genealogy a profession that offers all clients a full range of guarantees.
ADD ■ ASSOCIÉS A PARTNER TO THE NOTARIAT
The French National Chamber of Genealogists of which ADD ■ Associés is a member is a signatory of the Partnership Convention of 19/05/2015 which sets the framework for Notary/Genealogist relations and their reciprocal obligations.
ADD ■ ASSOCIÉS’ ADDITIONAL GUARANTEES
When a genealogist certifies a devolution of estate, he incurs personal liability. The members of the French National Chamber of Genealogists take out professional insurance policies to cover their third-party liability.
ADD ■ Associés also has additional insurance to cover its liability to third parties in order to increase the amounts of benefits (Covea Risk: policy no. 120 133 160).
This is also the case for the financial guarantee.
These additional guarantees provide the Office’s clients with important protection.