95 GENEALOGISTS AND EMPLOYEES WITH COMPLEMENTARY SKILLS, WORKING BOTH IN FRANCE AND ABROAD: LAWYERS, RESEARCHERS, FACT FINDERS, HISTORIANS, EXPERTS IN KINSHIP AND EXPERTS IN INTERNAL RECORDS.
Our lawyers represent the heirs and beneficiaries traced during the administration of estates and personally follow up each case once the research has been completed.
They interface between ADD Associés and the professionals who appoint us: notaries, judicial trustees, lawyers, property managing agents, copyright societies and local authorities.
Our lawyers generally also have training in notarial law. They are highly specialised and boast expertise in law of parentage and inheritance law and taxation.
Acting as representatives of the heirs and beneficiaries traced, they keep their principals informed of every step in their assignment. They particularly seek their consent for all deeds of disposal.
Their role: Valuing estates and optimising their administration, securing the heirs or beneficiaries.
Our researchers have full command of all the sources specific to genealogy, i.e. civil registers, and public and private records, in France and abroad.
The researchers use a historical investigation method based on:
- A critical analysis of information with the aim of defining the most appropriate research strategy.
- Cross-checking sources to ensure that results are reliable.
- Technical intelligence which is vital to respond as quickly as possible to the tasks assigned to us.
- A regularly refreshed methodology tool which facilitates teamwork.
- are experts in civil status and kinship.
- are familiar with all the specific features of civil status across the different periods and regions.
- Have a perfect understanding of orders and degrees of kinship.
- Have full knowledge of public and private records both in France and abroad.
- Historians: put History into perspective with the history of the families they work on. Drawing on their knowledge of political history, migratory flows, and cultural specificities, they analyse and seek to comprehend the singular context of each case.
ADD Associés also relies on a multi-lingual international team with recognised skills, allowing us to take action in most countries worldwide.
Experts in civil status and kinship
They are familiar with all the specific features of civil status across the different periods and regions. A genealogist researcher has full understanding of all the orders and degrees of kinship.
Experts in French and international records
Our researchers are familiar with all the administrative sources and know how to find the information they need to develop a family tree or to cross-check relevant data. To carry out the necessary verifications, our researchers cross-check the civil status with, for example, population censuses, tax, election and notary’s records and even the land register. They also use numerous private sources and databases.
Specialists in tracing heirs, beneficiaries and estate assets.
They put History into perspective with the family history the genealogist is working on.
Drawing on their knowledge of political history, migratory flows, and cultural specificities, they analyse and seek to comprehend the singular context of each case.